Monday, January 11, 2010

Here Goes

I think my day can best be summed up in lists.

Things that were bad about getting ready for Germany:
- Aetna sucks. Period. I did not enjoy spending three hours dealing with them on the phone only to have them fail at their simple task in the end anyway.
- My mom gave me a ten Euro bill and I can't find it. I think I accidentally packed it in my suitcase, but if I lost it, I'll be kicking myself for a good long while.
- I went to STA Travel to get an International Student Identity card and looked truly horrendous in my picture. I kid you not - the woman who took my picture called a colleague over and said, "What is THAT?" His response? "What's that movie called - is it The Ring?" Not my finest moment (although it turns out they were talking about the weird halo effect in the picture and not my bad hair day...at least I hope).


Things that were good about getting ready for Germany:
- I picked up the aforementioned ISIC card, which should get me some good discounts all over Europe.
- I got an aisle seat for the 12-hour flight to Frankfurt.
- I purchased some good new music for the plane on an iTunes card from Christmas.
- AT&T was very helpful about unlocking my phone for a foreign SIM card
- I get to go to Germany!

I should be just about packed and ready now. I suspect I overpacked, but I think it's okay since I don't want to have to buy too much stuff over there. Flight's tomorrow at 1:55 p.m. and I'm going to go to bed soon to try to preempt the sleep deprivation.

I may not get a chance to update this for a few days, but I'll be back (hopefully with photos) as soon as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,

    You're on the plane right now!! I'm so excited for you. I do enjoy reading your blog and will check frequently :) Hope the trip over is uneventful and your adventure there-wonderful.

    Love you, Ann

    ReplyDelete