Sunday, April 18, 2010

Damn Volcano

I'm sure everyone has seen the news about the volcanic eruption in Iceland and the ensuring air travel chaos in Europe. All the drama is true - I'm currently stranded in Greece along with the rest of my program. As nice as Athens is, I'm so ready to get back to Freiburg! There's a slim chance that I can fly to Berlin tomorrow and then take an extremely expensive train back to Freiburg, but the airline can't guarantee anything right now. Some other people in my program can't get out of here until Thursday and I might be with them. I hope to be back as soon as possible, though, and then I can post a real update. In the meantime, let's hope the ash cloud somehow disappears! The only way everyone is keeping sane right now is by making jokes about vetoing Iceland's bid to join the EU. Considering that we have no money, no clean clothes, and no guarantee of getting back to Germany, I'm not feeling particularly welcoming towards the country with the unpronounceable volcano.

Bis dann!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,

    I am glad to see your post as I have been thinking of you "big time".

    Stay safe.

    Love, A. Susie

    ReplyDelete