Thursday, April 1, 2010

Meine Familie

My parents and youngest brother are arriving in Freiburg today! It'll be great to see everyone again and show them around the city. They're also bringing me a laptop to use for the rest of the semester. I'm looking forward to typing on a non-school keyboard again for sure.

We're going to Switzerland this weekend to get some skiing in before the snow melts. I'm sure my dad is particularly excited about that one since he's always wanted to ski in Europe. We'll be there for a few days, but then I'll have to figure out when exactly I'm coming back to Freiburg. Our spring "break" is only two days long and I need to be back for class on Tuesday. Then, I'm leaving on the third field study trip with my program - this time, it's Romania, Bulgaria, and Greece! I can't wait to see these countries, especially since I likely won't have another chance to see Bulgaria. I'll probably be making little or no money after I graduate and as much as I'd love to travel for the rest of my life, I'm not really going to be able to right away. That's why I'm so grateful to have these opportunities now. I'll make sure to take tons of pictures and I'll put up another post before I leave. I've had some more interesting experiences with the German language I want to share.

All for now! I have a German test in an hour and then I'm going to meet my family. Bis spaeter!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back. i miss you when you aren't writing.

    Have a wonderful visit with your family. I'm excited for all of you.

    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete