Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lovely Greece

Greetings from Greece! This is just a quick update to say that I'm having an amazing time on this field trip. Our time in Romania and Bulgaria was really interesting. The part that stuck out most for me was the appearance of the countries. Bucharest and Sofia are still very run-down and poor in many areas, and it was almost comical how the buildings still look so distinctly Communist-era. I had thought that was more a stereotype than a reality, but I was definitely wrong. I'll write more on that when I come home to Germany.

We got to Greece this morning and have had a fantastic time so far. We're staying right near the Acropolis and we spent the day walking around getting to know the city. We're here until Sunday and I'm really looking forward to having lots of time in such an important and historical city. Plus, the weather is absolutely beautiful! We've taken lots of pictures already and I'll be sure to post them as soon as possible.

All for now - I'll try to post again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. Enjoy every minute.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete